Do You Need Rodent Control? How to Spot a Rodent Infestation
Most Las Vegas residents are familiar with mice and rats and immediately know when they’ve spotted one of them. It isn’t a pretty sight for most people to see, especially inside their home. These pests carry known parasites and diseases that leave those within their wake susceptible to many health conditions and concerns. If the potential health effects weren’t bad enough, these rodents destroy everything in their path, scattering about a home without concern or worry. If you suspect a rodent infestation, quickly calling an exterminator will put an end to the problem before it becomes a greater concern.
Signs of a Rodent Infestation
The most common sign of an infestation is sighting of the rodent. If you see a mouse or a rat, don’t think for one second it’s alone. Where there is one, there’s usually dozens more hidden beneath the eye, waiting to come out the moment the lights go off. This is a clear indication of the need for rodent control.
Aside from spotting rats, mice or rodents, other signs that indicate a problem or infestation include:
- Rodent droppings inside cabinets, cupboards, under the sink, etc.
- Urine tracks along various structures.
- Holes in walls to entry points of home.
- Gnaw marks/paper, clothing, or food partially eaten.
- Nesting materials scattered around (newspapers, old clothing, pictures, etc.).
- Unpleasant odors.
- You hear them – Squeaking sounds are the primary means of communication for these pests.
These are some of the most common signs that indicate a mice problem requiring immediate expert attention.
Staggering Facts About Rodents
Most Las Vegas residents need no coercing to call a pest control exterminator at the first sign of a rodent in the home. Our Las Vegas rodent specialists are happy to perform a free rodent inspection. However, if you still need a bit of coaxing to pick up the phone, perhaps these rodent facts will inspire you to give us a ring.
- A house mouse can give birth to one litter of 3 -16 babies each month.
- Rodents leave behind over 30,000 drops of urine is left behind during a 24-hour period.
- Rats mate every 2 days! Shocking, right?
- A rodent can bite you and can do so very quickly! In fact, a rodent can bite up to six times in one second.
Speaking of biting, a rodent has no problem biting through your most prized possessions and big-ticket items, like the cord to your brand new flat screen or the attic crawlspace. Protect your home and call us today.
Among the health concerns a rodent poses include food poisoning, rat bite fever, hantavirus (HPS,) rabies, and Lymphocytic Choriomeningitis Virus.
How to Minimize Rodent Infestation
Although a professional pest control expert offers the best solution for a rodent problem, there are several steps you can take at home to minimize risks of an infestation.
- Keep debris away from the exterior of your home.
- Weatherseal all doors and windows.
- Seal all entry points.
- Tightly store food products in a sealed container.
- Clean up after you eat, including dishes.
Expert Rodent Control Solves Your Woes. Call Red Rock Pest Control
If the thought of sharing your living space with pests frightens you, requesting an estimate from a pest control company is the next step to take. Our rodent pest control experts can rid the home of mice and rats quickly, offering your choice of remedies. Additionally, pest control experts can seal holes and other entry points, further preventing a rodent problem in the future.